Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Next Step


Dear Faithful Reader:

Over five years ago, I felt that God was urging me to use my writing ability to help spread His message.  While I heard that message, I was not spiritually ready to follow such a command.  A little over two years ago, I felt God pushing me again.  This time, I listened, and since then, I have been posting (somewhat) regularly. 

Early in this process, I felt that Christ had something bigger planned for me.  A larger audience.  At the time, I didn’t know what that meant.  Was Cromulent Thoughts going to explode in readerships?  Was I receiving “the call” to be a pastor?  Was I meant to write Christian books?  Loads of questions on my end, with God merely telling me to wait.  That it would become clear with time. 

I now feel that I have received my next set of instructions.  Over a month ago, I attended a Younglife training workshop.  During one of the sessions, a vision of a new Wyldlife (the middle school version of Younglife that I help lead) slammed into me.  The image was huge and clear.  A complete IMAX 3D experience.


Washington’s Wyldlife averages around sixty kids per club, making it the biggest Younglife-associated club in the area, yet we mainly only draw from one of the city’s four schools.  In my vision, I pictured a club with over three hundred in attendance—with near-equal numbers from all schools.  I pictured dozens of leaders, ranging from adult-to-college-to-high school.  I pictured club being THE thing to do on the weekend. 

Obviously, it’s a large vision.  One that is going to take patience and time.  It’s clear to me, however, that this is God’s calling on me right now.  Therefore, I need to back off the blog writing for the time being.  This is not a complete shutdown.  Whenever I give a talk at club, I will post the written version here, but at the moment, I simply do not have the time to make this vision a reality and write a blog with any kind of consistency. 

Do not fret (all three of you).  This is not goodbye.  It is clear to me that writing in this space is still part of my long-term future—I just need my primary focus elsewhere during the short-term.  Meanwhile, please pray for this vision to come to fruition.  Pray for patience, endurance, and the drive to keep pushing forward when adversity strikes (as it will).


Thank you for your understanding and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment